“A chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookie that originated in the United States and features chocolate chips or chocolate morsels as its distinguishing ingredient. Circa 1938, Ruth Graves Wakefield added chopped up bits from a Nestlé semi-sweet chocolate bar into a cookie.” -Wikipedia
Chocolate Chip & Oat Cookies
- 250 gram Butter softened
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup White sugar
- 2 eggs (60’s)
- 2.5 cup Rolled oats
- 450 gram Dark Chocolate
- 2 cup Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Bi-carb soda
- Preheat oven 160c
- Chop the chocolate up.
- Put softened butter, white sugar & brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer, mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix together.
- Add the flour, oats, bi-carb soda & baking powder, a ¼ at a time mix after addition.
- Add the chocolate then mix together.
- Roll dough into golf ball size balls & place on lined baking tray making sure there is plenty of space between them, they will spread.
- Bake for 15min, cool on trays.