Sourdough Pancakes are seriously the best pancakes ever!
Apart from using up your discarded sourdough starter, they make the lightest, fluffiest pancakes and they keep for ages. You will want to make a double batch because one batch wont last long. Once you have made them you wont go back to normal pancakes. These delicious pancakes are sure to become favorites with you too.
You will need sourdough starter so click here to get the recipe for the starter.
- 2 cup plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Sourdough starter
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 egg 60gm (beaten)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, salt & sugar.
- 2. Add the sourdough starter, milk, egg & oil. Mix until combined.
- 3. Heat the frying pan on a medium heat & spray with cooking spray.
- 4. Spoon ¼ cup of batter in to the hot pan. Cook until the pancake forms bubbles on the top, then flip.
- 5. Cook for 2 minutes or until pancake is cooked through.
- 6. Serve with your favorite toppings