So easy & quick.
This seared haloumi with zucchini & basil is so quick & easy you will be making it again and again. It comes from one of my favorite Vegetarian cook books. The Australian Women’s Weekly fast fresh vegetarian. This is a gorgeous book with amazing photos & great recipes.
For your meat eaters just pan fry some chicken with a little lemon zest.
Seared Haloumi with Zucchini & Basil
- 90 gram Slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- package 180 gm haloumi cheese
- 0.66666666666667 cup olive oil
- 1 fresh small red chilli
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Stir nuts in a large frying pan over medium heat until toasted lightly. Remove from pan. Cool. Put 2 tablespoons aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut ribbons lengthways from the zucchini
- Blend rind, juice, basil, nuts, chilli & half the oil until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl, stir in the remaining oil. Season to taste.
- Cut haloumi horizontally, then cut each half into 3 pieces crossways.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the fry pan over medium heat, cook haloumi over low heat until browned on both sides.
- Layer haloumi & zucchini on serving plates. Drizzle with basil mixture the sprinkle with toasted nuts. serve with lemon wedges.